Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Housemate From Hell

The Semi-Retired Drama Queen is a very independent woman who has been living on her own for some time. She is the kind of person who values her space and freedom. Recently, The Semi-Retired Drama Queen let out one her rooms to fund her holidays and ended up with a housemate from a place that is close to hell.


Where the housemate came from, every woman past the age of 21 is married and has a kid (or six) by the time they turn 28. In this somewhat similar to hell-hole place, women were dotted on by their fathers and husbands (especially husbands).
Royalty-Free (RF) Clipart Illustration of a Waiter Serving Beverages To A Formal Woman At A Party
The housemate never had to do anything on her own in her life. When she was young, she always had her father at her service at any time of the day. After she got married, her husband took over the role to wait on her. He washes her clothes (including her under things), does the dishes at home, pays her bills, chauffeur her around, does the grocery, cleans the house, kept her sexually satiated, catered to her emotional needs, provided the sperm for her baby and the list goes on (and will go on forever).

When the housemate moved into the Semi-Retired Drama Queen’s home, they both didn’t know that residents were not allowed to make use of the visitors’ parking bay although the bays were perpetually empty. The housemate made use of the visitors’ parking facilities for a few days in a row until she was stopped at by the guards at the entrance of the apartment one evening. She was asked to park her car outside the apartment vicinity as the parking bays were strictly for visitors only.

“What do you mean I cannot park inside? I live here! It is not safe to park outside, I’ll sue you if anything happens to my car or me if I parked outside,” the housemate argued with the guard at the entrance holding up the queue of cars driving into the apartment for a good 10 minutes.
She then relented and parked the car at a spot 3 minutes walk away from the apartment and rang the Semi-Retired Drama Queen incessantly as the Semi Retired Drama Queen was in a business meeting and could not take the call. 

When The Semi Retired Drama Queen finally found the time to return the call:

SRDQ     : Hi, you called?
Tenant   : SEMI-RETIRED DRAMA QUEEN, I DON’T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME! THE GUARDS STOPPED ME FROM PARKING INSIDE! I HAVE TO PARK SO FAR AND WILL HAVE TO WALK TO MY CAR THE NEXT DAY! I AM SO TIRED OF WALKING! AS IT IS, MY OFFICE CAR PARK IS LOCATED SO FAR AWAY, NOW HERE TOO? IT IS TOO DANGEROUS. PEOPLE MAY RAPE ME OR SLASH MY TIRES! I DON’T CARE, YOU HAVE TO SORT THIS OUT! IT’S JUST SO DIFFICULT (started crying hysterically).
SRDQ     : Don’t worry, we’ll work something out. I’ll be home in a bit anyway. We’ll talk when I get home.
When the Semi-Retired Drama Queen got home 40 minutes later, the tenant was still crying.
SRDQ     : You’ll probably have to rent a carpark as the property management does not allow tenants to make use of the visitors’ parking bay. I don’t know who has an empty parking spot now but if you want, I can accompany you to go look at the notice boards for carpark to let.
Tenant   : OMG! I CAN’T DO THIS! I AM SO TIRED! WHERE I CAME FROM MY HUSBAND HANDLED EVERYTHING FOR ME! I DIDN’T HAVE TO DO A SINGLE THING! I HAVE TO BE INDEPENDENT HERE? I JUST CAN’T! AS IT IS, I AM STILL MISSING MY DAUGHTER! YOU CAN GO LOOK BUT I AM NOT GOING WITH YOU!

Although taken aback, the Semi-Retired Drama Queen still made an effort to help by calling up and asking a few people about the carpark rentals. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a spot available at that that time and the tenant would have to be patient until the next one is available.

P.s: The tenant has been harassing the Semi-Retired Drama Queen at work daily by calling and sending her texts about the carpark rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment